Sunshine Coast University Hospital – Will you be part of the picture?
If you live in or around the Sunshine Coast and have not heard about the new Sunshine Coast University Hospital you must have been living under a rock. The hospital construction has been underway for the last 4 years and is nearly ready for completion in March 2017.
I cannot wait; it is going to bring so much to the coast – employment, infrastructure, best medical practices in the world, research and much, much more.
The suburb of Birtinya where the hospital is located is a Stockland’s land development with a master plan integrating housing, the hospital, employment, a business centre, shopping, the beach, lakes and the sunshine life style we have all become accustom too.
Currently all our Birtinya stock has sold out and as soon as we get our hands on more it flies out the door. These lots are going for a great price complete with a quality design build. If you are interested in one of these properties please let us know and we will put you on our first in list!
When the Sunshine Coast University Hospital (SCUH) opens in April 2017 it will revolutionise healthcare on the Coast and offer a range of free public hospital services. SCUH will be supported by highly trained and specialised staff, who will safely care for patients with complex or life-threatening conditions. This means about 10,000 patients each year will not have to travel to Brisbane for complex treatment.
The hospital will open with about 450 beds in April 2017, with ability to grow to more than 738 beds. It can be expanded to 900 beds beyond 2021 if needed. SCUH will offer the following services:
• emergency services
• comprehensive cancer centre, including radiotherapy and chemotherapy
• specialised medical and surgical services, including neurosurgery, cardiac surgery, maxillofacial surgery, a major trauma service and paediatrics
• maternity services, including a special care nursery for unwell newborns
• rehabilitation service
• mental health unit
• renal service
• interventional and diagnostic clinical support services, including a PET scanner for diagnosing certain types of cancer and cardiac catheterisation laboratories
• ambulatory care (outpatient) services
• allied health services
• there is even a child care centre located within the hospital facility
I you want any further information on the Sunshine Coast University Hospital, Oceanside itself or the House & Land packages we have for sale please contact us at the office on 5478 2664 or at email@example.com
Check out our next blog on progress – artists impression versus actual, it’s so interesting!